Disability insurance is cost-effective protection for business owners and employees and offer many features.
- Guaranteed Renewable Protection to Age 65 ensures that as you pay your required premiums, we can’t raise your rates, add restrictions, cancel your policy, or reduce your benefits.
- Quality Definitions determine when and if a claim will be paid; typically a “regular occupation” definition for 5 years then “reasonable occupation” protection.
- Optional Partial or Residual Disability Covers you if you are able to work but only in a limited capacity.
- You can qualify for benefits and the days of disability don’t have to be consecutive.
- Automatic Coverage Enhancements increase your policy amount by 3% each year to keep pace with inflation.
- Non-occupational disability guarantees how your claim will be handled if you are on leave or on sabbatical.
- The Premium Refund Rider provides premium refunds every 3 years if you make few or no claims to help bring down insurance cash.
- Liberal Integration of Benefits is a method that helps you receive higher benefits in certain cases.
- The Own Occupation Rider pays full benefits if you can’t do your regular job for specialized professionals.
- The Health Protection Rider is for medical and dental professionals that practice invasive procedures, and protect your income if you choose to stop performing your duties because of a risk of infecting patients.
- The Sale of Business Benefit is for business owners forced to sell their business because of a disability and reimburses you for some expenses.
- Benefits are tax-free if premiums are paid with after-tax income.
As you can see, there are many features to protect business owners and employees with disability.
[button link=”http://dfsprivatewealth.com/contact-us/” color=”blue” size=”small”]Want to learn more? [/button]